Todd is very thorough, diligent and knowledgable in his litigation skills and also exhibits professional decorum with clients and defense counsel.
Peer Reviewed on Lawyers.com
We knew after our first contact with Todd and his team that we could just focus on getting better. The office staff there was wonderful to work with
Reviewed by Marty and Jesse on Avvo
They worked tirelessly on our behalf with the insurance company to make sure that my daughter and I were more than fairly compensated.
Reviewed by Crystal on Google
Boulder Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Because bicyclists have so few protections, they can suffer serious, life-changing injuries in an instant. Whether struck by a moving vehicle or thrown from a bike after a collision with an immovable object, many bicyclists need compensation to help them recover from their injuries. At the Tenge Law Firm, LLC, we represent clients just like you—injured and looking for a way to pay expenses. However, you must move fast to protect your rights and build your case the correct way.
Bicyclists can suffer many different injuries. Our personal injury lawyers in Boulder can represent clients injured by:
- Collisions with moving vehicles. Although motorists are supposed to share the road with bicycles, many fail to look for bikes or misjudge their proximity to them. Some motorists even engage in risky behaviors around bicycles, such as passing too closely to them.
- Crashes caused by road defects. Bicyclists feel the effects of dangerous and defective roads more than motorists. A bicyclist can crash after striking a pothole or uneven concrete.
- Collisions with pedestrians. Many pedestrians do not look where they are going and end up stepping directly in front of bicyclists.
- Crashes with stationary objects. Many bicyclists can crash after a passenger in a parked car opens a door without checking whether a bicycle is approaching. The cyclist may slam into and get flung over the top of the door before landing on the road.
- Accidents caused by defective bicycle parts. Some bicycles will malfunction and not work as promised, leading to loss of control and crashes.
Regardless of the cause of injury, bicyclists should receive prompt medical attention. Spinal cord injuries, open wounds, and head injuries can become progressively worse if not promptly treated. Other injuries might take several days to fully develop, so head back to the doctor if you suddenly start feeling pain. Medical documentation is vital for establishing the full scope of your injuries.
Top Case Results
Bike Accident Case
Bicycle Accident Case
As experienced Colorado bicycle accident attorneys, we understand how to present a compelling case that earns our clients adequate compensation. Whether negotiating with a motorist’s insurer or bringing a lawsuit against a bicycle manufacturer in court, we understand how to present evidence necessary to show when someone else bears responsibility for the crash.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, we might need to:
- Review your bicycle to determine whether it contains a defect
- Visit the accident scene to document how the accident unfolded and who is responsible
- Consult medical experts to understand the severity of your injuries
- Work with an accident reconstructionist to flesh out what happened
- Interview witnesses to better understand who is responsible for the collision
With so much on the line, why go with an inexperienced lawyer who does not understand Colorado law?
The experienced team at Tenge Law Firm, LLC, has helped many individuals recover damages from catastrophic bicycle injuries. By strategically negotiating our terms and the circumstances of one case, we were able to recover the full policy limits for all insurance funds without even filing a lawsuit, for a man who sustained severe facial lacerations while riding his bicycle. Another case we handled involved a bicyclist getting hit by a car, subsequently left with injuries to his shoulder, head, and neck. We were able to recover a total of $350,000 for our client so he could heal in peace.
If you own a car, or live with a relative who owns a car, and the car is covered by uninsured motorist, you can make a claim on the UM coverage even though you were injured as a bicyclist. UM coverage follows you. Many people are completely unaware of this option, and frankly, many lawyers don’t know this either. Give the Tenge Law Firm, LLC, a call. We are excellent at determining available insurance coverage.
Colorado law gives injured bicyclists a limited amount of time to sue in court for their injuries. Even if you hope to settle your case out of court, you must realize that the only leverage you have over a defendant is the threat that you will sue. If you miss the deadline, then a judge can throw your case out of court, leaving you without any chance of compensation.
If you want to sue a government agency for a road defect, then you will need to provide 182 days’ notice to the government agency. Your notice should contain:
- Your name and address as the injured party
- A short statement of the facts surrounding the accident, such as when and where it occurred, as well as how it unfolded
- The name and address of any government employee involved (if known)
- A description of your injuries
- The amount of money damages you are requesting
You must also file this notice with the correct government agency. Because suing the government is so complicated, you should hire an experienced attorney.
Bicycle accidents leave many people shaken, with skyrocketing medical expenses. At the same time, many cannot work, which only increases the financial and emotional stress they feel. Fortunately, legal help is available.
At the Tenge Law Firm, LLC, our Boulder bicycle accident lawyers have helped injured cyclists recover compensation when someone else is to blame. To schedule your free consultation, please call (303) 665-2929.