Facts About Distracted Driving
Distracted driving is becoming one of the largest causes of car accidents and car accident injuries in the nation. When you’re looking at your phone, adjusting the radio, or even eating, you’re distracting yourself from the road which can lead to severe consequences.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has a campaign that it has been running for the last few years to try to get harsher punishments and sentences for distracted driving in an effort to put an end to it completely. Below are some facts about distracted driving that the NHTSA has compiled:
- 78% of teenage and young adult drivers admit to reading a text while driving
- 71% of young drivers admit to texting while driving
- 10% of drivers under the age of 20 that were in fatal accidents were distracted at the time
- At any given moment of the day in America, there are over 600,000 drivers operating an electronic device while driving
- 25% of teens respond to a text once or more every time they drive
- 20% of teens and 10% of adults admit to having multi-message text conversations while behind the wheel
While the government is encouraging an increase in awareness about distracted driving, the laws about it have to be mandated at the state-level. In Colorado, it is illegal for novice drivers to use a phone while driving, even if it’s hands-free and it is illegal for any driver to text while driving as well.
At the Tenge Law Firm, we have the experience you need if you’ve been injured in a car accident from a distracted driver or otherwise. Our Denver injury lawyers can determine who was at fault for your accident and the best way to get you compensation for your injuries. If you are in need of a Denver or Boulder car accident attorney, please contact us today or call (303) 502-5587.
- The Trucker Shortage and How It May Affect You
- Amazon Delivery Van Accidents: More Prevalent Than You May Think
- Join Us in Congratulating the Winner of the 2020 Your Time to Climb Scholarship!
- Soft Tissue Injuries Can Last Long After the First Hospital Visit
- Tenge Law Firm, LLC Anounces 2020 Scholarship Finalists!
Todd is very thorough, diligent and knowledgable in his litigation skills and also exhibits professional decorum with clients and defense counsel.
Peer Reviewed on Lawyers.com