Boulder Uber Accident Attorneys
Since Uber’s arrival in Colorado, thousands of riders have enjoyed using the convenient and affordable ridesharing company to take them to the places they want and need to visit in Boulder. Yet, like other vehicles on the road, Uber riders and other drivers are at risk for being injured in an accident. In some cases, the accident might be due to the negligence of the Uber driver, or it might be the fault of another driver. In either case, if you were injured in an accident involving an Uber driver, you might be entitled to seek compensation that is directly related to your injuries. Call the skilled Boulder car accident attorneys at the Tenge Law Firm, LLC at (303) 665-2929 to discuss the details of your case and determine your eligibility to recover damages.
The legal team at the Tenge Law Firm, LLC has extensive experience handling many motor vehicle accident cases, including those that involve an Uber driver. In recent cases, the firm recovered more than $800,000 for a woman who was in a rear-end collision, $950,000 for a woman who was hit by a teen driver while traveling, and $1,350,000 for a driver who was in a head-on collision on her way to work in Denver. These examples of past results do not guarantee a particular outcome in your case, but the Uber accident lawyers at the Tenge Law Firm, LLC in Boulder will fight to get the best possible outcome for your individual situation.
Many scenarios might lead to an Uber accident in Boulder. Although each accident is different, here are some common causes of Uber accidents:
- Distracted driving - Driving while distracted has long been a cause of motor vehicle accidents, but Uber drivers are especially vulnerable. In addition to normal distractions like food, radios, and talking or texting on cell phones, Uber drivers might be distracted by loud, drunk, or annoying passengers or using a GPS to find their next pick-up or drop-off location.
- Drowsy driving - Uber restricts drivers to 12 hours per day, but that doesn’t completely eliminate the problem. While the 12-hour limit includes driving, it does not account for long breaks between rides or other employment.
- Drinking and driving - Alcohol and other controlled substances result in the same risk that it does for other motor vehicle drivers.
- Speeding - Violating traffic regulations might lead to accidents, but Uber drivers are most likely to speed. Riders want to get to their destinations quickly, and Uber drivers want to give as many rides as possible to make more money. Speeding doesn’t always result in a crash, but it does increase the likelihood of severe injuries and fatalities when crashes do occur.
- Tailgating - Following another vehicle too closely is another artifact of Uber drivers being in a hurry. Tailgating doesn’t allow enough distance for an Uber driver to respond if the car in front of them stops or turns quickly.
- Poor maintenance - If an Uber driver doesn’t maintain important systems in their vehicle, accidents might occur. Examples include worn tires and brakes.
If you, another driver, or an Uber rider was injured because of an Uber driver’s negligence, you might be entitled to compensation for losses related to your injury. Uber accidents, like most auto accidents, might result in complex legal cases with multiple parties, especially with more than one vehicle and/or passenger involved. Colorado is a tort liability state, so you will need to file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Colorado’s Senate Bill 25, the Transportation Network Company Act, requires Uber to provide primary coverage for liability when the driver is signed into the Uber App. This means you may have to deal with Uber’s insurance carrier, which is Progressive Insurance in Colorado.
Depending on the severity of your injuries, filing an insurance claim might be enough to get compensation for your damages; however, insurance companies do not like to pay out claims. With the complexity of Uber accident cases, it is in your best interest to hire a lawyer to advise you if and when the time is right to escalate an insurance claim to a personal injury lawsuit. In the event that you sue, you might be able to recover the following damages:
- Medical costs including emergency services, hospitalization, x-rays, surgery, doctor visits, medication, and more
- Lost wages for time away from work due to your injury
- Future medical costs in the event of a long-term disability or catastrophic injury that requires a long time to fully recover
- Future lost wages if an injury results in a disability that prevents a victim from returning to their job
- Non-economic damages for pain and suffering, loss of consortium, scarring, disfigurement, and more
A skilled personal injury attorney who has experience with Uber accidents will anticipate counterclaims and other strategies that the defense might use to avoid paying damages. Additionally, they can help with investigating your Uber accident, gathering evidence and relevant documentation such as medical reports, police reports, and witness statements, enlisting the help of experts to speak to support your case, and negotiating a full and fair settlement with insurance companies. When insurance companies are not willing to offer full and fair compensation, we are prepared to litigate your case and diligently pursue the compensation that you deserve.
Contact the skilled legal team at the Tenge Law Firm, LLC online, or call our office in Boulder at (303) 665-2929 for a free consultation to discuss the circumstances of your Uber accident before Colorado’s statute of limitations runs out. You have three years to take legal action in Colorado when a motor vehicle is involved. We are empathetic to the struggles that come with a serious injury and wish to help you through this difficult time, so you can focus on recovery and rehabilitation. If you choose the Tenge Law Firm, LLC to represent you, we handle personal injury cases on contingency. This means you won’t pay attorney fees unless we secure a settlement or verdict in your favor.
“I could tell he had decades of experience in cases like mine, which gave me a lot of comfort during such a stressful time.”
Reviewed by Jennifer on Avvo
“I placed all my trust in them and was not disappointed! They settled my case for an amount I had never expected even in my wildest dreams.”
Reviewed by Georgiana on Google
“We did not have to pay any bills or answer any calls from doctors, hospitals, or insurance companies. We were well taken care of.”
Personal Injury Client on Lawyers.com