Denver Construction Site Accident Attorneys
By nature, construction work is inherently risky; sites are typically filled with dangerous heavy equipment, unwieldy materials, and toxic chemicals. Construction workers who are injured in on-the-job accidents have the right to file for workers’ compensation benefits. An experienced attorney can help pursue the maximum amount of compensation available and fight against insurance companies who deny or underpay claims. If you have been injured in a construction accident, contact attorney J. Todd Tenge, serving Boulder, Denver, and Fort Collins, for more information.
Nobody ever said construction was perfectly safe. But, as a society, we’ve come to expect that employers have a responsibility to ensure the well-being of their employees, and construction companies are no different. If you’ve been injured on the job because of a construction company’s negligence, you may be able to recover damages for your pain, suffering, and medical bills.
You can learn about your rights and options after being injured in a construction accident by speaking with Todd Tenge in person. Please call (303) 665-2929 today to schedule your free construction accident consultation at our Boulder office.
Construction companies know the scenarios that are most likely to cause work-related accidents, and they have a responsibility to plan for them and practice due diligence in ensuring safety.
Here are a few of the most common construction accidents:
- Falls from heights or from scaffolding. It’s not uncommon for construction workers to do their jobs very high off the ground. Whether on scaffolding, on ladders, or on roofs, every construction worker has a right to adequate safety equipment to ensure that he or she avoids injury.
- Electrocution. Electrocution isn’t just a risk faced by electricians. All construction workers come into close proximity of power lines, exposed wires, and pools of water that could carry electrical current.
- Crushing. Working with heavy machinery and giant steel plates are part of the job, but when safety precautions are inadequate, the risk of being crushed between this equipment is real.
- Trench collapses. Construction sites often feature trenches for working with conduits, utilities, foundations, and other necessary parts of the job. But if these trenches are not properly restrained, a worker could be buried in dirt.
- Slip and fall. One of the most common construction site accidents is the slip and fall accident. Virtually every job carries with it some elements that could contribute to slips and falls. Again, though, with proper training and safety equipment, these can be avoided.
- Strikes. Being struck by an object is common and dangerous. It’s easy enough to imagine an otherwise well-intentioned worker accidentally kicking a hammer off of the upper floors of a tall building, with potentially disastrous consequences for anyone who happens to be working down below.
- Motor vehicle accidents. Car accidents might not be the first thing to come to mind when thinking of a construction site, but it’s estimated that one in three construction site accidents involve being struck by a reversing car, hit by forklifts, and other vehicular issues.
Any one of these accidents can cause a wide range of injuries, from disfigurement to death. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury at the hands of a careless or negligent construction company, you owe it to yourself and to your family to seek compensation for your damages. Mr. Tenge will fight aggressively to protect your rights every step of the way.
Laborers on a construction site are vulnerable to injury due to the following workplace hazards:
- Falling objects
- Slip-and-falls or trip-and-falls
- Electrical burns
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- Fall from heights
- Heavy equipment injuries
Construction sites are subject to strict safety regulations by the Colorado division of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). If a property owner or construction company fails to comply with OSHA standards, it may increase the risk of a serious accident. Other factors that may lead to construction accidents are defective pieces of equipment, inadequately trained workers, human error, and lapses in safety checks or procedures.
Attorney J. Todd Tenge represents construction workers who suffer any kind of serious injury on the job, including:
- Broken bones, bruises, sprains, or lacerations
- Orthopedic injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries/paralysis
If you injure yourself in a construction accident or other type of workplace accident, you may file a workers’ compensation claim to solicit damages for your losses. Workers’ compensation benefits can reimburse you for medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses related to your injury.
It’s a good idea to hire legal representation after a workplace accident for several reasons. First, an attorney can handle the details of your claim while you focus on recovering and getting back on your feet. Second, a Denver personal injury attorney experienced with personal injury and workers’ compensation claims will be familiar with how to determine the appropriate amount of money you are owed. Our construction accident attorneys will take on even the most powerful corporations and insurance companies who deny or underpay workers’ compensation claims, and will fight for your right to collect your rightful benefits.
Also, if you believe that gross negligence contributed to your injury and you may have a valid personal injury claim against the responsible party, our legal team can help you explore this option.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a workplace or construction accident, attorney J. Todd Tenge of the Boulder area would like to speak with you. Contact the Tenge Law Firm, LLC at (303) 502-5587 for more information today.
“I could tell he had decades of experience in cases like mine, which gave me a lot of comfort during such a stressful time.”
Reviewed by Jennifer on Avvo
“I placed all my trust in them and was not disappointed! They settled my case for an amount I had never expected even in my wildest dreams.”
Reviewed by Georgiana on Google
“We did not have to pay any bills or answer any calls from doctors, hospitals, or insurance companies. We were well taken care of.”
Personal Injury Client on Lawyers.com