Boulder Soft Tissue Injury Attorneys
The soft tissues of the body include the fat, muscles, tendons, ligaments, fibrous tissue, blood vessels, lymph vessels, and nerves. Traffic crashes are a common occurrence in Boulder County, and soft tissue injuries are among the most common injuries sustained in these accidents. Soft tissues can also be injured in other types of accidents, including falls. If you have suffered soft tissue injury in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may have a claim for compensation.
Soft tissues are located all throughout the body. They help to:
- Surround, support, and connect organs and body parts
- Give shape to the body’s structure
- Protect the organs
- Store energy
- Move fluids, such as blood, from one part of the body to another
Soft tissue injuries can be classified into two different categories according to the way they occurred:
- Acute soft tissue injuries are caused by sudden trauma to the body. Damage to the soft tissues can occur with a blow, twist, or fall.
- Overuse soft tissue injuries include bursitis and tendinitis. These injuries can occur over time in athletes, workers, and individuals whose activities involve repetitive motions, using the same body parts repeatedly and frequently, so they have no chance to heal from the strain.
Any injury to ligaments, tendons, muscles, or another soft area of the body is considered a soft tissue injury. Examples include:
- Contusions: These are bruises caused by trauma to the tissues.
- Sprains: Caused by an overextension of the joints, sprains involve damage to ligaments.
- Strains: This type of injury is caused by the overuse of a muscle or tendon.
A total of 2,746,000 people were injured in traffic crashes in the U.S. in a single recent year, as reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Motor vehicle accidents are a leading cause of soft tissue injuries. Soft tissues can be injured when the force of a collision causes vehicle occupants to be jolted or bumped around. Other common causes of soft tissue injuries include falls, construction accidents, and other work-related accidents and injuries.
Who is liable for soft tissue injuries will depend on the nature of the injuries and where they occurred. For example, if you suffered soft tissue injuries in a slip and fall accident in a restaurant, the business owner may be liable for your injuries, depending on the circumstances surrounding the accident. If your injuries were sustained in a car accident caused by a negligent driver, the at-fault driver may be liable. If you suffered on-the-job soft tissue injuries, your employer may be liable.
Simply stated, hiring a Boulder personal injury lawyer to represent you increases your chances of recovering the maximum compensation available for soft tissue injuries. An experienced attorney can investigate your accident to determine fault and liability, secure and preserve evidence, build a strong case, deal with the insurance company on your behalf, and represent you in court, if necessary.
- Our Boulder personal injury attorneys at the Tenge Law Firm, LLC have recovered tens of millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
- We are a full-service personal injury law firm that will assist you with every aspect of your case, from getting you medical providers and a rental car and dealing with health insurance delays and disputes to protecting your credit rating and handling your personal injury claim.
- We offer a free consultation with no obligation. Our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay us no fees until we win a recovery for you.
If you have suffered soft tissue injuries in an accident caused by the negligence of another, call us today at (303) 665-2929 to find out about your options under the law.
“I could tell he had decades of experience in cases like mine, which gave me a lot of comfort during such a stressful time.”
Reviewed by Jennifer on Avvo
“I placed all my trust in them and was not disappointed! They settled my case for an amount I had never expected even in my wildest dreams.”
Reviewed by Georgiana on Google
“We did not have to pay any bills or answer any calls from doctors, hospitals, or insurance companies. We were well taken care of.”
Personal Injury Client on Lawyers.com