Boulder was named “The Happiest City in the United States” by National Geographic and is affectionately known as “the city nestled between the mountains and reality.” This description refers both to the character of the city as well as to its location at the base of the Rocky Mountains.
The views of the pristine surroundings and snow-capped mountains are considered some of the most scenic in the United States. Boulder offers tourists a huge array of outdoor activities depending on the season, including hiking, boating, skiing, and fishing. For the more adventurous, extreme recreational activities are popular, such as ziplining, backpacking, ballooning, four-wheeling, whitewater rafting, and even dogsledding.
These activities are fun and exhilarating—but something can go very wrong and a tourist can be seriously injured. Making matters worse, if the person has to be hospitalized, it occurs in an unfamiliar city. Those who suffer serious injuries may spend weeks or longer in the hospital, unable to return home, incurring expensive medical bills. If this happened to you on a visit here, we recommend you call us at (303) 665-2929 to talk to a great local lawyer.
Best Tourist Destinations in Boulder
While outdoor activities are popular for people visiting Boulder, the city offers many excellent destinations for those who prefer an urban experience. Here are some of the most heavily-visited Boulder locations:
- Pearl Street Mall: This brick-paved walking street is the heartbeat of Downtown, where tourists can enjoy the historic buildings, eat at some of Boulder’s finest restaurants, relax over a custom coffee, or enjoy one of the many local brews.
- Celestial Seasonings Tour: Tourists flock to experience what is believed to be one of the best food factory tours in America.
- Boulder Creek Path: A paved pathway snaking through the heart of the city is open to walking, jogging, and biking, and a favorite pastime for locals and visitors alike.
- Boulder Theater: This historic venue has been presenting musical acts since 1906, and visitors to the area can hear one of their favorite performers while enjoying the iconic art deco architecture of the theatre.
- Boulder Farmers’ Market: Listed as the number one farmers’ market in the country, this market has fresh produce, flowers, chesses, herbs, wines, and gourmet foods.
- University of Colorado: Many tourists take the time to visit the campus to enjoy the architecture, particularly the “Old Main,” the original building dating to 1876. For Shakespeare buffs, the Mary Rippon Theatre is a must.
- Museum of Boulder at Tebo Center: While in Boulder, you can satisfy your curiosity about how the city became what it is today with interactive exhibits, traveling exhibitions, and a view of the Flatirons that shouldn’t be missed.
How People Get Hurt in Boulder
The most common injuries suffered by tourists visiting the Boulder area, as reported by Global Guardian Air Ambulance, are:
- Traffic accidents
- Trip and fall, slip and fall
- Heatstroke or dehydration
- Hiking accidents
- Water skiing accidents
- Jet skiing accidents
- Snowboarding accidents
- Zip lining accidents
- Diving accidents
- Boating accidents
Other risks exist in the city that could lead to serious or fatal injuries. For example:
- The crime rate in Boulder is below the national average but is 78% higher than in all other cities and towns of all sizes in Colorado. In a recent year, there were 39 rapes, 37 robberies, 197 aggravated assaults, and 271 case of vehicle theft, as reported by the City of Boulder.
- The many bars, restaurants, and brewing companies offering food and beverages in Boulder can lead to a driver being over-served and causing a drunk driving accident.
Legal Help for Injured Tourists
The biggest help for your recovery is peace of mind, and if you contact the Tenge Law Firm, LLC, rest assured that your injury claim will be managed correctly. We have:
- The knowledge and experience needed to navigate Colorado legal matters professionally.
- A personal commitment to pursue the maximum possible in compensation, since we work on a contingency fee basis.
- A dedication to you and your family, and a commitment to provide an exceptional level of service, whether you are recovering in a hospital in Boulder or have returned home.
- A record of success as litigators and negotiators in personal injury cases. We at the Tenge Law Firm, LLC, have recovered tens of millions of dollars for our clients since opening our doors in 1992, and we are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
The Tenge Law Firm, LLC, is a full-service, boutique firm that specializes in handling serious personal injury cases, involving spinal cord damage, amputations, burns, brain injuries, and neck and back injuries. We are relentless in pursuing a positive outcome for the people we represent. We offer a free case consultation. Call (303) 665-2929 to get started.