Boulder Lyft Accident Attorneys
Those that visit and reside in Boulder often use Lyft to transport them to their favorite locations around the city, often because of convenience and affordability. Although using Lyft might be safer in Boulder and other Colorado cities because the state was the first to regulate ridesharing, riders and other drivers are still at risk of a Lyft accident.
As the popularity of ridesharing has increased in recent years, so has the potential for crashes. If you have been involved in an accident with a Lyft driver as a motorist or a passenger, you might be entitled to compensation if the Lyft driver caused the crash. Contact a car accident lawyer in Boulder at Tenge Law Firm, LLC at (303) 665-2929 for a free case evaluation and to determine the next steps for your individual circumstances.
Tenge Law Firm, LLC has recovered tens of millions of dollars for their clients who were in personal injury cases, including those who were injured in motor vehicle accidents. Many of these settlements and verdicts hinged on insurance policy limits which begin at $100,000. Our attorneys have secured settlements and verdicts ranging from $100,000 to well over $1,000,000, with many cases fulfilling $200,000 and $250,000 insurance liability limits. These examples of recent cases do not guarantee future results, but the legal team at Tenge Law Firm, LLC will diligently pursue the maximum amount of compensation to which Colorado law entitles you after a Lyft accident.
Situations that lead to Lyft accidents do not differ greatly from any other motor vehicle accident, but Lyft drivers are especially vulnerable to certain types of accidents because of the nature of the service they offer. Here are some likely scenarios that lead to Lyft accidents:
- Using a GPS while driving - Distracted driving often leads to accidents, but Lyft drivers have the added distraction of using a GPS to navigate to their location. Entering information in the GPS as well as listening to the instructions cause distractions that might cause a driver to take their eyes off the road, leading to an accident.
- Fatigued driving - Lyft requires that drivers take a minimum six-hour break for every 14 hours they drive; however, these 14 hours don’t have to be consecutive. Additionally, this doesn’t account for the fact that Lyft is a second job for many and drivers might be tired from working somewhere else.
- Driving under the influence - Drinking and driving is dangerous and illegal. Although this might lead to a Lyft accident, driving under the influence of marijuana is of more concern in Colorado. As the first state to legalize recreational use, Lyft drivers who use are more likely to cause an accident because of impaired driving.
- Speeding - Lyft drivers and their riders are typically in a hurry to get to their destinations. Speeding in and of itself does not cause a car crash, but it can make it more difficult to control a vehicle when a driver goes too fast for conditions. Additionally, when accidents occur at higher speeds injuries are often more severe.
- Following too closely - Lyft drivers that are in a hurry sometimes tailgate the vehicle in front of them, not allowing a safe distance for erratic movements or quick stops.
- Improperly maintaining a vehicle - Lyft drivers in Colorado are legally obligated to have their car inspected once per year by Lyft or by a certified mechanic to check steering, lights, brakes, tires, and more. In the event that a driver doesn’t comply, issues such as worn brake pads or tire blowouts might cause an accident.
If you, your child, or a family member have sustained injuries because of the negligence of a Lyft driver, you might be able to recover damages to compensate you for your losses. Colorado is not a no-fault insurance state, so one of your first steps after your accident is to file a claim with the insurance company of the at-fault driver. If this is a Lyft driver, you might be filing a claim with Lyft or the driver’s commercial carrier.
Ridesharing accidents often include multiple parties and insurance companies, making them complex cases; it is often wise to hire a lawyer to guide you through the process. An experienced personal injury attorney who has dealt with Lyft claims and lawsuits will guide you through the claims process and advise you if and when a formal lawsuit is required.
If you initiate a personal injury lawsuit after a Lyft accident in Colorado, the court might award you the following damages:
- Medical expenses such as ambulance service, hospital stays, radiology, surgery, prescriptions, and follow-up visits
- Lost income from missing work due to your injuries
- Future medical expenses for injuries with a long recovery time or permanent disability
- Lost earning capacity for long-term disability that prohibits the victim from returning to work
- Damages for pain and suffering and other non-economic damages
When insurance companies try to deny your claims or make low settlement offers, an experienced attorney can advocate for you and fight against defense tactics. Also, your attorney can assist you by investigating your Lyft accident, gathering evidence to support your case, negotiating with insurance companies, and litigating your case when settlement is not an option. We also consult with specialists who can speak to the severity of your injury, determine liability, and evaluate your non-economic damages.
The legal team at Tenge Law Firm, LLC in Boulder is here to help you take action and get the compensation you deserve after you have been injured in a Lyft car accident. Colorado has a three-year statute of limitations to initiate a personal injury suit after an accident. Contact one of our knowledgeable and experienced attorneys at (303) 665-2929, or contact Tenge Law Firm, LLC online for a free consultation to determine the best way forward for your case. We handle Lyft accident cases on a contingent fee basis, so we only collect our fees if we secure compensation for your injuries.
“I could tell he had decades of experience in cases like mine, which gave me a lot of comfort during such a stressful time.”
Reviewed by Jennifer on Avvo
“I placed all my trust in them and was not disappointed! They settled my case for an amount I had never expected even in my wildest dreams.”
Reviewed by Georgiana on Google
“We did not have to pay any bills or answer any calls from doctors, hospitals, or insurance companies. We were well taken care of.”
Personal Injury Client on Lawyers.com