Rated 5/5 stars on the following review sites:
Thornton Car Accident Attorneys
Ten miles north of Denver lies the home-rule municipality of Thornton, the sixth largest city in Colorado. With over 130,000 residents, Thornton is young, tightly packed, and growing. I-25 borders the city and provides a quick route to Downtown.
Thornton is known for its lush parks, trails, and watersports, but it has plenty of road, as well. And on those roadways, accidents can and do happen – especially in a town famous for having the largest liquor store in the world. If you or a loved one were injured in a crash with another motor vehicle, we are the car accident lawyers you should call.
The Tenge Law Firm, LLC, knows Thornton well. After a serious crash, make an appointment to meet us at our Denver office a short ride away, or we can come to you at North Suburban Medical Center and beyond. Our personal injury attorneys offer a free, no-obligation consultation. Call (303) 502-5587 today to get the help you need and get your life back on track.
SH 44 runs through southern Thornton, but otherwise, I-76, SH 7, and E-470 surround it. The City of Thornton has performed several traffic studies in the last few years, pinpointing problem areas∗. One study revealed that at least one crash occurred along mainline I-25 on 296 of the 365 days in a recent year. These crashes typically occurred in the morning or during “peak” hours. Congestion and crashes are a vicious cycle, and many of these accidents may have been secondary accidents caused by the initial collision.
Here are the types of accidents the Tenge Law Firm, LLC, often sees:
- Rear-end collisions: These are most common accidents in Thornton, especially for commuters getting onto SH 7, accounting for 52% of these crashes. Rear-ending can be caused by driver distraction, aggression, or poor road design at an intersection or interchange.
- Sideswipes: There are two ways you can be sideswiped: by a vehicle traveling in the same direction, or a vehicle traveling in the opposite direction. Both are dangerous, because they can spin a vehicle out of control, into other vehicles or fixed objects.
- Broadsides: Known colloquially as “T-bone collisions,” one of these dangerous crashes resulted in a fatality on the intersection at Holly Street in recent years. Broadsides account for 15% of collisions at SH 7 interchanges.
- Hit-and-runs: Hit-and-run accidents are common in the Denver area, with an estimated 570 per month in the last year or so. The Patch reported one recent case in Thornton, where a child in a wheelchair was struck by a driver in a black pickup, who sped off.
Who can you sue in a hit-and-run? The at-fault driver, certainly, if the police catch him or her. But if not, you need to look to your own insurance policies, especially your uninsured motorist (UM) coverage. Our law firm has deep experience in finding applicable policies and negotiating with the insurance company to provide clients with payment.
After you’ve suffered serious injuries in an accident with a car, a truck, a motorcycle, a bicycle, or even as a pedestrian, you should talk to a lawyer as soon as possible. Colorado operates on a principle called “comparative negligence,” which allows at-fault parties to share both blame and costs. For example, if you were speeding, but the person in front of you ran a red light, a jury may find you 10% at fault, and him 90% at fault. In that case, the other driver would be responsible for 90% of your accident-related bills – so yes, you should file a lawsuit!
You can ask for compensation to cover:
- Hospital bills
- Doctors and specialists, both now and in the future
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Lost wages
- Loss of ability to earn an income
- Disfigurement or disability
- Pain and suffering, mental duress, emotional distress, and other “intangible” costs directly related to the accident
Many people in Thornton hesitate to contact a lawyer, believing they are partially at fault. But remember, you don’t know the entire circumstances of the crash. Your point of view was limited, and there may be more to the story. The Tenge Law Firm, LLC, has nearly 30 years of experience handling car accident claims, and we know how to investigate what happened. In Colorado, you have approximately three years to file a personal injury claim, but there is no time to waste. Many things can shorten the deadline, and the sooner we get to work, the better our chances of finding vital evidence.
Call (303) 502-5587 to get the premier legal help you need. The Tenge Law Firm, LLC, works on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you pay us no money unless and until we get the compensation you’re owed. Protect yourself and your family – call J. Todd Tenge and his team today.
∗Studies referenced include:
SH 7 Planning and Environmental Linkages Study: Corridor Conditions Assessment Report
North I-25 Planning and Environmental Linkages Study: Corridor Conditions Report
North I-25, US 36 to SH7 Planning and Environmental Linkages Study
Todd is very thorough, diligent and knowledgable in his litigation skills and also exhibits professional decorum with clients and defense counsel.
Peer Reviewed on Lawyers.com