Denver Car Accident Lawyers
With the rapid population growth along the Front Range, car accidents have become a growing issue in the Denver and Boulder areas. This is particularly true during winter months when recent transplants have to adjust to the harsh driving conditions created by snowy and icy roads.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident caused by the negligent actions of another driver, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your damages. The Tenge Law Firm, LLC will fight aggressively to protect your rights and help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Often, car accidents result in catastrophic injuries that can impact your life for years to come. In addition, your family may face tremendous financial hardships due to expensive medical treatments, especially if you must take a significant amount of time off from work while you recover. It’s crucial that you have an experienced car accident attorney on your side who can ensure your recovery adequately addresses the true extent of your damages.
You can learn about your rights and options by speaking with Todd Tenge in person. Please call (303) 502-5587 today to schedule a free car accident consultation. Our offices conveniently serve clients in Boulder, Denver, and Fort Collins.
After a car accident, you can file a personal injury claim against the negligent driver in order to recover compensation for the following damages:
- Current and future medical expenses related to the car accident
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
Colorado law adheres to the doctrine of partial comparative negligence. This means that you may collect damages proportionate to the other driver’s percentage of fault for the accident, up to 50% of your own fault. For example, if the other driver was determined to be 70% at fault for the accident, you may be entitled to recover 70% of the total accident-related losses you’ve suffered. However, once you’re found to be at least 50% at fault for the accident, you’re no longer eligible to recover compensation for your damages.
An experienced Denver injury attorney at the Tenge Law Firm, LLC can carefully evaluate your accident and help determine whether you have the right to compensation. Even if you believe you were partially at fault, some compensation is better than none. It is always worth it to schedule a free case evaluation after a traffic accident.
I was involved in a car accident...Todd and his team immediately started to work on my case...I highly recommend Todd and his team! I am forever grateful for all the hard work they’ve put into my case.
A driver may breach his duty to drive in a safe manner, or a company may breach its duty to hire safe drivers. The following are some examples of negligence on the road:
- Distracted driving – It can be tempting to multitask in our cars, especially when you are stuck in traffic. This can include texting, browsing social media, checking email, and more. In addition, there are gorgeous views in the Denver area and many people – especially visitors – tend to stare out their windows instead of focusing on the road ahead. Even a momentary distraction is enough to cause a driver to crash into another car.
- Unable to react to poor weather – When you are in Denver, you can expect snow and ice almost nine months out of the year. Storms can hit out of nowhere and sometimes, CDOT cannot properly prepare the roads or clear them right away. Some people do not know how to handle their vehicles in these conditions and many accidents occur in winter weather, especially if you are driving on I-70 heading up into the High Rockies.
- Impaired driving – Despite knowing the dangers, many people continue to get behind the wheel while under the influence of alcohol. With the legalization of marijuana in Colorado, marijuana impairment is also on the rise. Intoxicated drivers often make poor decisions and may have trouble maintaining control of their vehicles, leading to accidents.
- Aggressive driving – Like any other growing and booming city, Denver has congested traffic. While traffic is frustrating for all of us, some drivers express this frustration by driving aggressively – and dangerously. Some drivers even engage in road rage and intentionally cause accidents, injuries, or even deaths.
- Traffic law violations – Everywhere you look, traffic violations are happening. Drivers may speed, follow too closely, fail to yield, make illegal turns, and much more. When road laws are violated, drivers should be held fully accountable for any injuries they cause.
Drivers who cause accidents may be held liable for any medical bills, lost wages, or other losses of victims. While much attention is paid to other drivers after a collision, there can be other negligent parties and a skilled attorney can investigate to identify possibly liable parties.
Other parties that may be liable in a car accident include:
- Employers of drivers – If a driver causes a crash while on the clock, his or her employer may also be held liable for the negligence of its employee. This strict liability is important as often, companies will have substantial insurance policies. In addition, employers have the duty to hire drivers they believe to be safe. If a company hires a driver without a license, with a history of DUI convictions, with serious health problems, or with other serious driving violations on record, the company may have engaged in negligent hiring. These are only some ways that employers may also be held liable for injuries caused by their employees.
- Auto manufacturers – When you purchase a car, you rightfully expect that the vehicle has been produced and assembled in the proper manner so that it is safe to drive. If a car part is defectively designed or produced, a malfunction on the road can lead to serious accidents and injuries. Companies should be held liable for any losses that arise because they sold a defective vehicle.
- Government agencies – The roads in Colorado can be treacherous, and it is essential that the Department of Transportation and other local agencies take necessary action to inspect the roads and conduct any necessary maintenance or repairs. When CDOT or other agencies fail to do so, serious road hazards can persist. If repairs cannot happen immediately, the agency should provide adequate warnings of hazards to drivers. If you are traveling at highway speeds and suddenly hit a huge crack or pothole without warning, you can lose control of your vehicle a crash. Claims against the government can be different than claims against private parties, so you should not delay in calling an attorney.
After a crash, the Tenge Law Firm, LLC can help to establish who is liable for your losses. We will then handle all steps of any insurance claims against drivers or companies, as well as personal injury lawsuits in civil court if necessary, to obtain the compensation you deserve.
There are certain instances where holding the liable parties responsible after an accident is not the only issue you have to contend with. Sometimes, dealing with an auto insurance provider is not as cut and dry as insurance companies want us to believe, and claims can be denied, or coverage can be disputed. If insurance companies are causing you trouble, you have legal options. Our veteran legal team can hold the insurance companies accountable through these channels:
- Negotiation - Car accident lawyers can enter into negotiations with the insurance company to restart your case if coverage has been denied. The attorney will be able to put pressure on the insurance company, and effectively negotiate a fair settlement considering the damages you suffered and your policy.
- Arbitration - Many insurance policies contain provisions allowing or ordering arbitration of disputes between the insurance company and the insured party. Arbitration is a process for resolving disputes by use of neutral, private individuals (arbitrators) as an alternative to a full-on lawsuit. Arbitration is often a cheaper and faster method of resolving contract disputes compared with an actual court proceeding. However, this opinion usually is not available unless expressly stated in the policy or unless both the insurance company and policyholder agree to take the dispute through the arbitration process.
If these routes do not seem to be resulting in the outcome that you and your loved ones deserve after undergoing the trauma of a car accident, The Tenge Law Firm, LLC, is not afraid to take insurance companies to court to get justice.
Car accident cases can be highly complex. It is often challenging to prove fault, and you may require the assistance of expert witnesses in order to do so. In addition, it’s common for car accident injuries to take days or weeks to become apparent. This is especially true with brain injuries, which can have a delayed onset and take a long time before the severity of the injury becomes apparent. This can make it challenging to estimate the total extent of your damages and to demonstrate that your injuries were in fact caused by the car accident.
Mr. Tenge has more than 27 years of experience fighting for the rights of car accident victims in Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. He knows the unique challenges associated with these cases, and he knows how to battle the insurance companies that often try to offer you a settlement that is less than the maximum value of your claim.
At the Tenge Law Firm, LLC, we work with accident reconstruction experts who can help prove the other driver was at fault. We also work with a team of medical specialists who can demonstrate to a jury the true extent of your injuries, including any long term medical care that will be required to help you recover. This will give you the edge you need when seeking to maximize the value of your compensation.
If your accident was caused by a defective auto, Mr. Tenge can also pursue a claim against the negligent vehicle manufacturer as well. This will ensure that all avenues of compensation are fully explored.
Please contact the Tenge Law Firm, LLC using the form at the bottom of the page or call (303) 502-5587 today to schedule your free car accident consultation. Mr. Tenge serves clients in Boulder, Denver, and Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Is Denver’s Freeze Here Yet?
- What Must I Prove to Win My Car Accident Lawsuit Against the Other Driver?
- Five Steps to Avoid a Car Accident
“I could tell he had decades of experience in cases like mine, which gave me a lot of comfort during such a stressful time.”
Reviewed by Jennifer on Avvo
“I placed all my trust in them and was not disappointed! They settled my case for an amount I had never expected even in my wildest dreams.”
Reviewed by Georgiana on Google
“We did not have to pay any bills or answer any calls from doctors, hospitals, or insurance companies. We were well taken care of.”
Personal Injury Client on Lawyers.com