Denver Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
Faced with an uphill battle toward recovery, catastrophic injury victims need all the resources and support they can get. Recovering financial damages from the party or parties responsible for the injury can help to relieve the burden of astronomical medical bills, loss of earning capacity, and other injury-related expenses.
If a member of your family has been catastrophically injured in a motor vehicle accident, attorney J. Todd Tenge can help you pursue legal action and recover compensation. For more information about catastrophic injuries, contact the Denver injury attorneys at the Tenge Law Firm, LLC, to schedule a consultation. Mr. Tenge and our legal team can speak with you about your options for pursuing compensation on behalf of your loved one.
A catastrophic injury is one that leaves the victim paralyzed, severely disabled, unable to work, and/or dependent on a caregiver. Serious motor vehicle accidents can result in catastrophic injuries because of the size and weight of vehicles, and the impact of a collision.
Some examples of catastrophic injuries include:
- Vision loss: Trauma to the eyes, or damage in certain parts of the brain, can result in deterioration or loss of vision. Minor vision loss can affect someone’s work or future employment opportunities, while complete vision loss not only impacts a victim’s professional life, but personal life as well. Vision loss can result in psychological difficulties, such as depression, and negatively impact relationships with friends and family.
- Hearing loss: Long-term hearing loss is often associated with certain industries, including construction and manufacturing - particularly when workers are not provided with proper safety equipment. Hearing loss can affect many different aspects of a person’s life, including work and personal relationships. Damage to a person’s inner ears is typically permanent and cannot be treated without medical procedures and hearing aids.
- Loss of limb: Traumatic amputation can occur in car wrecks and workplace accidents, especially around large and powerful machinery. Other times, injuries to body parts can be so extensive that surgical amputation is required. Any type of loss of limb is traumatic and can have serious consequences for years to follow.
- Severe burns: Burns that affect large parts of a person’s body, or the head and face, are destructive. Not only are these burns painful and require extensive medical treatment, but they can result in other issues like impaired movement. Burns to the face and head can involve hearing or vision loss, and facial burns result in scars that can have long-term psychological consequences as well.
- Organ damage: Severe organ damage can result in the need for long-term treatment or greatly limit the physical activity of an injured person. These limitations may result in loss of future work, changes in lifestyle that negatively affect that person’s mental health and relationships with others, and future complications that require additional medical care.
- Spinal cord injuries: Minor spinal cord trauma typically result in long-term pain and suffering that can require medical treatment, prescription drugs, and surgery to correct. Serious trauma to the spinal cord can result in partial or total paralysis, depending on the severity of the injury and where on the spine it is located. Paralysis can impact the rest of a person’s life, with consequences that include loss of work, difficulty with personal relationships, and future complications.
- Traumatic brain injuries: These are among the most serious catastrophic injuries a person can suffer. Depending on the location and severity of a brain injury, the consequences can vary. Even seemingly minor injuries can seriously impact someone’s personality or daily routine. Severe brain injuries can result in loss of memory, extreme changes in personality or lifestyle, and difficulty performing previously routine tasks. These injuries often result in a loss of work and future possibilities, and can place a tremendous strain on relationships, including marriage.
The Tenge Law Firm, LLC, works with the families of victims who have been injured in car, motorcycle, truck, SUV rollover, mass transit, and drunk driving accidents. Catastrophic injury victims typically require a lifetime of medical treatment, physical rehabilitation, and help with everyday tasks. Though it is the hope that victims will find effective ways to cope with and conquer obstacles, the reality is that these injuries often leave victims in a precarious physical, emotional, and financial state. Since the cost of lifelong medical attention and caregiver services quickly adds up, victims and their loved ones usually face significant financial hurdles in addition to their physical challenges and limitations.
Tenge Law Firm, LLC, can help. Our team can conduct a thorough investigation of the incident, and build a solid case against the liable party. We use all our resources to do so. We have medical, financial, and occupational experts we use to prove your case and to evaluate your damages. Through the use of evidence and the testimony of expert witnesses, we are able not only to prove liability, but also to determine the proper amount of compensation a victim justly deserves for his or her injury.
The most devastating motor vehicle accidents result in the loss of life. In these situations, the family of the deceased can file a wrongful death claim against the person responsible for the accident that killed their loved one. By proving the fault of the person who caused the accident, families may recover damages for unpaid medical bills, funeral costs, loss of income, as well as loss of companionship, support, and consortium. In cases of egregiously wrongful behavior causing death, the family may also be awarded punitive damages.
Families of victims of catastrophic injuries are urged to contact attorney J. Todd Tenge at (303) 502-5587. If the injury is the result of someone else’s reckless or negligent behavior, the family could file a personal injury claim to recover damages.
“I could tell he had decades of experience in cases like mine, which gave me a lot of comfort during such a stressful time.”
Reviewed by Jennifer on Avvo
“I placed all my trust in them and was not disappointed! They settled my case for an amount I had never expected even in my wildest dreams.”
Reviewed by Georgiana on Google
“We did not have to pay any bills or answer any calls from doctors, hospitals, or insurance companies. We were well taken care of.”
Personal Injury Client on Lawyers.com