Denver Soft Tissue Injury Lawyers
The soft tissues of the body are the tissues that connect, support, and surround organs and other structures. Soft tissues include the muscles, ligaments, tendons, fascia (connective tissue covering or binding together body structures), blood vessels, lymph vessels, and nerves. Soft tissue injuries are commonly sustained in all types of motor vehicle accidents, and in other types of accidents and injuries.
Soft tissue injuries are damage sustained to the body’s soft tissue areas, such as the muscles, ligaments, and tendons. These injuries can cause considerable pain and discomfort that may involve swelling, bruising, tenderness, and stiffness. Common examples of soft tissue injuries include:
- Sprains: Injury to ligaments caused by the overextension of joints.
- Strains: Injuries caused by overuse of muscles or tendons.
- Contusions: Bruises caused by trauma to an area of soft tissue.
- Whiplash: Cervical strain, sprain, or hyperextension injuries that occur when the force of a rear-end collision causes the head and neck to move violently back and forth.
Top Case Results
Soft-Tissue Injury Auto Case
Soft-Tissue Injury Crash Case
The two categories of soft tissue injuries are acute and overuse. Acute soft tissue injuries are caused by sudden trauma, as occurs with a blow to the body, a twist, or a fall. The most common type of acute soft tissue injury is a bruise. In contrast, overuse soft tissue injuries develop gradually over time. These injuries are common among athletes and workers who perform repetitive activities so frequently that affected areas of the body do not have time to heal. Examples of overuse soft tissue injuries include tendinitis and bursitis.
Car accidents are a frequent occurrence in Denver and a leading cause of soft tissue injuries. These injuries are common in a traffic crash because of the impact of vehicles colliding. The force of the collision can cause occupants of the vehicle to be bumped around the interior of the car or violently jolted.
Soft tissue injuries are also frequently sustained in:
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip or trip and fall accidents
- Workplace accidents
If you have suffered soft tissue injuries in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, the at-fault party may be liable for damages.
- In the case of a car, motorcycle, bicycle, or pedestrian accident, the driver who caused the crash may be liable for your injuries.
- In the case of a truck accident, there may be multiple potentially liable parties. These may include the truck driver, the trucking company, or a vehicle or parts manufacturer.
- In the case of a slip or trip and fall accident, the property owner may be liable if your accident was caused by a hazard on the property that the owner knew about, or should reasonably have known about, and failed to correct or warn of adequately.
- Investigate your accident to determine fault and liability
- Collect and preserve evidence to support your claim
- Assess the full extent of your losses, past and future
- Negotiate skillfully with insurance companies on your behalf
- Pursue full and fair compensation in a trial, if necessary
Insurance companies are in business for profit and do not have your best interests at heart. If you are dealing directly with the at-fault party’s insurer, it is likely you will be offered a lowball settlement that does not cover all your damages, and possibly subjected to tactics designed to pressure you to accept the settlement. Our experienced Denver personal injury attorneys can:
- At the Tenge Law Firm, LLC, we have devoted our practice exclusively to representing injured people in personal injury matters.
- Our Denver personal injury law firm was founded in 1992. We have more than 25 years of experience.
- We have recovered tens of millions of dollars in settlements, arbitration awards, and verdicts for our clients.
If you have suffered a serious personal injury, call us today at (303) 502-5587 to schedule a free consultation with no obligation. We can tell you if you have a case and what damages you may be entitled to claim.
“I could tell he had decades of experience in cases like mine, which gave me a lot of comfort during such a stressful time.”
Reviewed by Jennifer on Avvo
“I placed all my trust in them and was not disappointed! They settled my case for an amount I had never expected even in my wildest dreams.”
Reviewed by Georgiana on Google
“We did not have to pay any bills or answer any calls from doctors, hospitals, or insurance companies. We were well taken care of.”
Personal Injury Client on Lawyers.com